Family Development Workers offer support and access to resources for families and youth. We work with families and or youth on an individual basis to build success and promote strengths.
Our Services Include:
- Parenting programs, including Prostpartum support group (facilitated by Vancouver Island Health Authority) and Dads drop-in.
- Food Security resources and programs. There may be nominal costs associated with some of these programs.
- Advocacy (Ministry of Children and Family Development/Income Assistance/Housing and other)
- Mediation (family communication)
- Youth groups and individual support.
- Navigation and referral to community resources.
- Mentoring and coaching.
- Discretionary and time limited emergency resources such as food and or transportation.
- Workers are available to meet in home, or at the centre.